Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Customer service

Being one of the folk who has to deal with such inane statements like:manage customer expectations, I know bout dealing with crap you didnt create.
Anyhoo, this morning I call Multi-choice just to confirm if a payment I made was posted. They say no, I give them the payment details and I think everything is sorted right? Wrong. Midst JFK Jr's E! True hollywood story I get disconnected and calmly call and ask bout the deal. The mandatory -sorry for your inconvenience and even though they go silent mid call they reconnected. I jump in the bathroom, get out and again I'm disconnected. Of course now my blood pressure is rising but miraculously I manage another calm call to be reconnected. Then I left to go to Nairobi Hospital. Dont know who went yesterday but they had power problems so they couldnt use the generator to print lab results??? Told me to come back today. So like a good girl, today I check in and go straight into the doctor's. I'm told I have to get a number to be seen. No problem. I wander to the said counters and then I'm told I have to queue to be billed for a review for their mistake. You realize at this point my yogi status has vanished right?
I had to be re-told by another staff member that I wont be billed. I know insurance pays the bills but still! When I got to the billing counter I was given this sweeping statement:reviews done within 24 hours dont incur a further consultation charge. Now why did my pressure have to explode at all??? People who dont know all you need in such a situation are just irrelevant!
I'm at the salon to calm down. I hope dstv havent disconnected me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment